Black Pepper Noodle Dough
So simple and so good! A classic noodle base with a kick of fresh black pepper just ready to set off a nice simple sauce.
- 1 3/4 pounds all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 eggs
- 3 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper, ground
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl, making a well in the center.
- Place eggs, water and pepper in the center of the well. With a fork, gradually pull the dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Stir until a loose mass forms. As the dough is mixed, adjust the consistency with additional flour or water.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and knead until the texture has become smooth and elastic, about 4 to 5 minutes. Gather and smooth the dough into a ball, cover and let the dough relax at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
- Roll the pasta dough into thin sheets and cut into desired shapes by hand or by using a pasta machine. Cook as you would any other fresh pasta.
- The pasta dough can be cooked immediately or can be held under refrigeration for up to 2 days.
Leave a review or comment