Black Forest Cake
- 6 x egg yolks.
- 6 x beaten egg whites
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. flour
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. dark chocolate pwdr Black Forest Cake Filling Step 1
- 3 c. pitted sour cherries
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. wheat starch Water, just sufficient to dissolve the starch.
- 1 ounce Cherry Schnapps Black Forest Cake Filling Step 2
- 3 ounce Cherry Schnapps
- 3 ounce aqueous solution of sugar
- 3 ounce water Black Forest Cake Filling Step 3
- 3 c. cream
- 2 tsp gelatin pwdr
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
- 6 Tbsp. Cherry Schnapps Black Forest Cake Filling Step 4
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. chocolate sprinkles
- 1 c. whole cherries
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees celcius)
- It is important which all of the ingredients for the biscuit are the same temperature.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and keep hot, not warm.
- In a double broiler, place the egg yolks and the sugar, mix till well blended and frothy.
- Using a sieve, sprinkle the flour and chocolate pwdr into the egg yolk mix.
- Pour the butter into the egg yolk mix and stir till blended.
- Fold the egg whites into the mix
- Pour the mix into a greased 12-inch round pan.
- Bake for 35 min.
- Black Forest Cake Filling Step 1:Place cherries and sugar into a pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Dissolve the wheat starch in water and add in it to the cherry mix.
- Let the cherry mix cold then add in the Schnapps mixing till you reach a jam like consistency.
- Set aside.
- Black Forest Cake Filling Step 2:Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Moisten all three layers or possibly biscuits with the Schnapps and sugar mix.
- Then spread the jam mix you made in step one over the first layer, place the second layer of the cake on top of the first.
- Black Forest Cake Filling Step 3:Place the cream, gelatin pwdr, sugar and schnapps in a bowl and whisk together.
- You want to reach a consistency where the cream forms peaks.
- Spread 1/3 of the cream over the second layer of the cake.
- Add in the last layer of the cake on top of the cream mix.
- Black Forest Cake Filling Step 4:Spread the rest of the cream mix over the entire cake. Covering the top and the sides.
- Place the chocolate sprinkles around the sides of the cake and decorate the top with cherries.
Leave a review or comment