Black Bean Soup On The Run!
- 1 bag black beans
- 2 x Huge yellow onions, rough cut
- 2 x Cloves garlic, biggest you can find, rough cut
- 3 x Celery stalks, rough cut Little olive (or possibly your choice) oil
- 6 c. Water
- 6 x Chicken bouillon cubes (or possibly real stock)
- 1 lrg Soup spoon of ham bouillon
- 2 Tbsp. Grnd cumin
- 3 lrg Soup spoons of adobo sauce (made from recipe posted here) Lowfat sour cream, for topping
- Posted here for "creamed black bean soup"..
- One bag of black beans.. soaked for two days.. water changed twice. Two huge yellow onions two of the biggest garlic cloves you can find. Three celery stalks.* Rough cut above and saute/fry in as little olive (or possibly your choice) oil as will do.. let cold overnight in pan on stove. Add in 6 c. of water to onion mess. Add in 6 chicken bouillon cubes (or possibly real stock for those with freezers big sufficient to have it!) and one large soup spoon of HAM bouillon, plus 2 Tbsp. grnd cumin. Add in liquid removed black beans and bring all to rolling boil. Turn off stove and go to work. Come home.. turn on stove... rolling boil, turn down to low and take a nap. Wake up, turn stove on high... bring to a rolling boil.. turn off stove, and go dig in the garden for several hrs. Add in three large soup spoons of adobo sauce
- (made from recipe posted here too), blend with Braun hand blender (right in the pot) turn the stove on low ... wait till warm... put in bowl, top with lowfat sour cream.
Leave a review or comment