Black Bean Soup
- 1 quart premium brand canned black bean soup
- 1 can vegetable broth - (8 to 10 ounce)
- 1 Tbsp. grnd cumin more to taste Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. lowfat sour cream
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced scallions
- Heat the soup in a saucepan till it simmers, being careful not to scorch the soup. Add in the cumin and mix well. Adjust the seasonings to taste. If needed, thin the soup with the vegetable broth to the desired consistency.
- Serve the soup with a dollop of the lowfat sour cream and a sprinkling of the sliced scallions.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment