Black Bean, Red Pepper, Corn, And Quinoa Salad
- 5 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. quinoa rinsed in cool water and liquid removed
- 1 c. nonfat chicken broth or possibly vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp grnd cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/8 tsp grnd black pepper
- 1 c. cooked or possibly canned black beans liquid removed
- 1 c. whole-kernel corn
- 1 lrg ripe tomato peeled, seeded, and diced (about 1 c.)
- 1 sm sweet red pepper seeded and minced (about 1/2 c.)
- 2 x green onions finely minced (about 1/4 c.)
- 3 Tbsp. cilantro leaves, whole minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley sprigs minced
- 2 c. mixed salad greens
- Serves: 4
- 1. In 1-qt saucepan, heat 1 Tbsp. oil over medium heat. Add in quinoa and stir till toasted and aromatic-about 5 min. Stir in broth, cumin, and salt; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer till liquid is absorbed-about 15 min. Remove from heat and let stand 5 min; with fork, fluff quinoa and set aside at room temperature to cold.
- 2. In medium-size bowl, whisk together remaining 4 Tbsp. oil, the lime juice, and black pepper. Stir in black beans, corn, tomato, red pepper, green onions, cilantro, minced parsley, and cooked quinoa.
- 3. To serve, divide greens among 4 salad plates. Spoon quinoa mix onto greens. Serve at room temperature or possibly chill till 30 min before serving.
Leave a review or comment