Black Bean And Rice Salad
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce.) cans chicken broth
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 (1 lb.) pkg. long grain rice
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 lbs. black beans
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 med. red onion, diced
- 1 med. bunch cilantro, minced
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. orange juice
- 2 tbsp. grnd cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili pwdr
- Bring chicken broth and water to boil n large saucepan. Add in rice and bay leaves. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook till liquid is absorbed.
- Cook black beans separately till tender. Transfer rice to large bowl and fluff with fork. Fold in black beans and remaining ingredients. Salt to taste. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
- This can be prepared in advance; cover and chill.
Leave a review or comment