Bitter Marmalade Chocolate LoafPrep: 1 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 8by Vijay Dhawan28 recipes>
Chocolate Cake with Bitter Orange Marmalade loaf.
- Serves 8 people
- • 115g / 4oz plain chocolate, chopped into small pieces 3 eggs
- • 200g / 7oz / scant 1 cup caster sugar
- • 175ml / 6fl oz / ¾ cup soured cream
- • 200g / 7oz / 1 ¾ cup self-raising flour
- • FOR THE FILLING AND GLAZE
- • 175g / 6oz / 2/3 cup bitter orange marmalade
- • 115g / 4oz plain chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- • 60ml / 4tbsp soured cream shredded orange rind, to decorate
- 1. Preheat oven to 180oC/ 350oF / Gas 4. Grease a 900g / 2lb loaf tin lightly, then line it with non-stick baking paper. Melt the chocolate
- 2. Combine the egg and sugar in a mixing bowl. Using a hand-held electric mixer, whisk the mixture until it is thick and creamy, the stir in the soured cream and chocolate. Fold in the self-raising flour evenly, using a metal spoon and a figure of-eight action.
- 3. Scrape the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for about 1 hour or until well risen and firm to the touch. Cool for a few minutes in the tin, then turn out on to a wire rack and leave the loaf to cool completely.
- 4. Make the filling. Spoon two-thirds of the marmalade into a small saucepan and melt over a gentle heat. Melt the chocolate and stir it into the marmalade with the soured cream.
- 5. Slice the cake across into three layers and sandwich back together with about half the marmalade filling. Spread the rest over the top of the cake and leave to set. Spoon the remaining marmalade over the cake and scatter with shredded orange rind, to decorate.
Leave a review or comment