Biscuit Taco Casserole
- (Pillsbury bake off recipe, originally called for 1/2 lb grnd beef, but you can substitute beans)
- 16 ounce jar medium taco sauce
- 12 ounce can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 x (2.25 ounce) can sliced, black olives
- 8 ounce beans - any kind (or possibly 1/2 lb grnd beef)
- 1/4 c. minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 c. minced green bell pepper
- 1/4 c. sliced mushrooms
- Heat oven to 400. Lightly grease 13 x 9 inch pan. Spread taco sauce on bottom of dish. Separate dough into 10 biscuits; cut each biscuit into 4 pcs.
- Place biscuit pcs in taco sauce; turn to coat. Sprinkle biscuits with 1/2 to 1 c. of the cheddar cheese, 1/2 c. of the mozzarella cheese and the olives; mix gently. Bake at 400 F for 15 to 18 min or possibly till bubbly.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet saute/fry beans, peppers, and mushrooms till veggies are done. Sprinkle remaining cheeses over mix in casserole. Top with bean mix. Bake an additional 6 min.
Leave a review or comment