Bird's Crab Cakes
- 1 x egg
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lb fresh crabmeat, cleaned and liquid removed
- 3 Tbsp. parsley, finely minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. bread crumbs Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 x lemon cut into wedges Tartar sauce, optional
- Beat egg lightly with a whisk. Add in mayonnaise, mustard, cayenne, Tabasco, salt and pepper till mix is smooth. Add in crabmeat, parsley and bread crumbs, toss with fork.
- Divide mix into 8 equal portions about 2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap in wax paper and refrigeratefor 30 min. Deep fry crab cakes, 4 at a time, till golden. Drain on paper towels and serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce, if you like.
Leave a review or comment