Biko (Sweet Rice Cake)Prep: 30 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
- 2 cups Glutinous Rice (malagkit rice)
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- Banana Leaves (slightly heated to make it flexible)
- Wash the glutinous rice, set in a pot and add the water.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to simmer until the liquid is fully absorbed by the rice.
- On a separate pan over medium heat, dissolve the brown sugar in the coconut milk, let it boil until thick.
- Add the cooked rice and mix until very thick consistency.
- Place the banana leaves at the bottom of the 'bilao' or a big rounded plate and brush with oil, spread the sticky sweet rice on the leaves and flatten evenly.
- Toppings is 'latik' (optional) - a stir fried coconut milk cooked until oils secretes and dries up leaving a golden brown coconut flakes.
Leave a review or comment