Bi Colored Pasta With Tomatoes, Basil And Olives
- 6 ounce linguine
- 6 ounce spinach linguine
- 2 c. fresh basil leaves
- 2 lb tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 4 clv garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. Kalamanta olives, roughly minced
- 1 c. shredded provolone cheese
- Cook both pastas till al dente, according to package instructions, drain.
- Meanwhile, place the basil in the work bowl of a food processor and pulse the machine, stopping to scrape down the sides, till the basil is chopped but not pureed. Add in the tomatoes and pulse the machine till the tomatoes are in pcs no bigger than 1/2 inch. Again, take care not to process to the point where the tomatoes are pureed; the smallest pcs should be about 1/4 inch. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high.
- Add in the sliced garlic and cook, stirring, till it just begins to turn golden brown. Add in the basil and tomato mix to the skillet, and remove it from the heat. Stir in the olives. Toss the sauce with the linguine. Stir in the cheese just before serving.
- Makes 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment