Better Than Kfc Or Fried Chicken
- 1 x fresh 2 1/2 lb. frying chicken
- 1 Tbsp. baking soda Cool water to cover
- 1 Tbsp. table Salt Cool water to cover
- 1 tsp Fine herbs (Herbs de Provencal) or possibly
- 1/8 tsp each basil, rosemary, thyme
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 2 tsp Onion pwdr
- 2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 pkt Instant chicken broth
- 1 pkt Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
- 1 1/2 c. self rising Flour Lard or possibly Peanut Oil for frying
- If possible cut up or possibly have butcher cut a fresh 2 1/2 lb. frying chicken up country style so which you have:4 pcs of breast - 2 rib pcs; 1 pulley bone; 1 breast blade 2 wings2 drumsticks2 thighs2 pcs back
- The chicken will fry more proportionately prepared this way.
- Cover cut up chicken with mix of cool water and baking soda. Let stand about 10 min. Drain and rinse well with cool water. Drain again. Cover chicken with mix of cool water and salt. Refrigeratein refrigerator for at least 1 hr, preferably longer. Drain. Rinse with cool water. Drain again.
- Place seasonings in blender and blend till fine and well combined.
- Combine seasonings with flour, mixing well. Heat sufficient lard or possibly place peanut oil to cover a depth of 3/4" in a large skillet or possibly Dutch oven. Heat to 375 Degrees F.. Coat chicken well on all sides with flour and seasonings mix. Lay out on a baking sheet. Flour chicken well in mix again, just before adding to the pan. Gently place in preheated grease. Don't overcrowd pan. Fry chicken pcs for about 10 min on each side, turning once and using tongs to turn. Don't use a fork as this will release moisture from the chicken and allow grease to enter it. When browned, drain chicken on a rack. Not on paper towels, or possibly grease will wick back onto the chicken.
Leave a review or comment