Best Waffles, Aaron's
- 1 c. whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 c. unbleached fl\our
- 2 Tbsp. wheat germ
- 1 Tbsp. baking pwdr
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 c. egg beaters 99% egg substitute
- 1 1/3 c. skim lowfat milk
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Blend flours and remaining dry ingredients in medium bowl with whisk.
- Combine all liquid ingredients, stirring well. Combine wet into dry, mixing well, just till moistened. Pour by scant 1/4 c. measurements into warm waffle iron. Bake till golden.
- Yields-8 Belgium waffles- Servewith homemade yogurt and fresh fruit or possibly sprinkle lightly with confectioners sugar and garnish with fresh berries. Yummy!
- NOTES : Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as Aaron does! Our favorite way to serve is with a big dollop of homemade yogurt and fresh berries. If you would like our homemade yogurt recipe, let me know. I would be happy to post it. It's very easy, if Aaron can do it, so can you. He's only 4!
Leave a review or comment