Best Greek beef tenderloin!Prep: 3.5 hours Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by Terry Edwards2 recipes>
Want to serve a piece of steak that your guests will be talking about for months? Want to win the "best cook ever" award with your family? Make this recipe and your dreams will come true! Hands down, the go-to recipe if you're looking to impress.
- 2 c. olive oil
- 4 oz, lemon juice, divided
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic, divided
- 2 tsp. herbs de provence,divided
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 10 oz. beef tenderloins, cleaned, butterflied and scored
- 3/4 c. butter
- Combine olive oil, 3 oz. lemon juice, 1 1/2 tbsp. garlic, 1 tsp. herbs de provence, salt and pepper in a zipper-top bag. Resist the urge to go light on the salt. Salt liberally and use fresh ground black pepper. Kosher salt is far more forgiving when oversalting is a concern.
- Add tenderloin and allow to marinade at least 2 to 3 hours. Overnight is best.
- In sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat on stove top.
- Add remaining lemon juice, garlic and herbs de provence to butter. Stir well and set aside.
- Remove tenderloins from marinade. Discard marinade.
- Broil tenderloins for 10 to 15 minutes or until desired degree of doneness is reached. Top with butter sauce prior to serving.
Leave a review or comment