Best Fried Chicken Ever~Prep: 10 min Cook: 26 min Servings: 4by Debra aka Reel Lady8 recipes>
Reel Good Recipes celebrates Black History Month with films and recipes inspired by great African American actors. Our soulful and outrageously deliciously recipes are from millions of Black family homes, but we always put our special twist on everything! We start February with the film "Claudine" starring the beautiful and talented Diahann Carroll and James Earl Jones. Our first recipe celebration is The Best Fried Chicken Ever! Our chicken will take on any of your favorite carry-out chicken brands. Better taste at a much lower cost. Please enjoy this clip where Claudine and Roop have carry-out chicken rather than the fancy restaurant meal he promised her. Just as her daughter predicted "Its gonna wind up chicken anyway."
- 4 chicken parts, cleaned with excess fat removed
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon Season Salt
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, grounded
- 1/4 teaspoon Thyme Leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Pepper
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence Seasoning
- 1 -1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Add egg, chicken, Season Salt, pinch of salt, Cayenne Pepper, Thyme Leaves, Paprika, and Lemon Pepper to a mixing bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
- Add flour and Emeril's Original Essence Seasoning to a bowl. Mix. Add chicken one piece at a time. Cover well and shake off excess.
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Add vegetable oil. Heat oil until hot. Add chicken. With a large skillet you should be able to fry 4 pieces without over crowding pan. Keep chicken frying over medium heat (don't cook too fast). Cook on each side for approximately 13 minutes, there should be no bleeding. Chicken should be a beautiful golden brown.
- Remove chicken from pan and drain on paper towel.
Leave a review or comment