Bengali Mustard Fish CurryServings: 1by Padma Priya Manikam62 recipes>
The people originating from Bengal/Calcutta loves their fish and mustard. The basis of this curry is by making a paste from mustard seeds. The curry is best served with rice or various bread/chapatis.
- Item 1:
- 10 pieces of fish
- Turmeric powder - for fish marinade
- Chilli powder - for marinade
- Salt - for marinade
- Item 2:
- 3/4 cup mustard seeds
- 1 tomato
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- Couple of dried red chilies
- 3 inch ginger
- Optional: Mustard oil for frying the fish
- Garnish: Coriander leaves
- Marinade the fish and set aside for 20 minutes then fry and keep aside.
- Blend Item 2 with some water to get a gravy like consistency.
- Heat oil in pan and saute the blended ingredients till there is no raw smell.
- Then add the fishes in the gravy and add some salt to taste.
- Cook the curry for 10-15minutes or till how much gravy you like.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Leave a review or comment