Belgian Light'n Crispy Waffles
- 2 x egg yolks
- 2 c. lowfat milk, 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking pwdr, 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 c. oil
- 2 x stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Preheat waffle maker. Put all ingredients except egg whites in large mixer bowl. Beat on low till moistened. Increase to medium, mix till smooth.
- By hand, gently mix in beaten egg whites. Pour 1/2 c. batter over grids.
- Close waffle maker, bake till steam no longer escapes, about 3-5 min.
- Repeat. Serve warm with your favorite topping.
- Yield: 8 waffles
- Variations: Pecan or possibly Macadamia Nut Waffles: Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. finely minced pecans or possibly macadamia nuts over preheated waffle grids. Pour 1/2 c. batter over nuts & close waffle maker. Bake as directed. Blueberry
- Waffles: Fold 2 c. fresh blueberries into batter. Pour 3/4 c. batter over grids. Bake till golden brown. Chocolate Chip Waffles: Fold 1 c. chocolate chips into batter. Bake as directed.
Leave a review or comment