Beer Battered Fish Tacos
- 8 x corn tortillas - (6" dia)
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1 c. beer - (to 1 1/4)
- 3 c. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lb white fish fillets cut 1"-wide strips
- 1/4 c. lowfat sour cream
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 1 c. tomato salsa
- 2 c. shredded cabbage
- 1 c. guacamole (optional)
- 1/4 lb grated or possibly shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 x lime cut into eighths
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 c. of flour, salt, and pepper. Whisk in beer to create a smooth batter.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil, at least 1-inch deep, to 375 degrees. Dust fish with remaining flour, and dip each piece into the batter, coating completely. Fry fish in batches for 3 to 5 min, or possibly till golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Hot tortillas, wrapped in paper towels, in microwave on high for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Combine lowfat sour cream and mayonnaise and spread 1 Tbsp. on each tortilla. Top each with salsa, 1/4 c. shredded cabbage, fish, guacamole, Cheddar cheese, and squeeze of lime.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment