Beef Tenderloin Fillet And Grape Sauce
- 6 x beef tenderloin fillets
- 6 x bacon strips Grape Sauce
- 1 bot La Palma Merlot Reserve 2001
- 1 lt (5 c.) of meat stock
- 5 x shallots, finely minced
- 2 x leeks, minced
- 110 gm mushrooms
- 2 x onions, finely minced
- 70 x black grapes, halved
- 1 sprg rosemary sugar, to taste
- 1 x salt and pepper, to taste
- Wrap bacon around fillets. Seal with extra virgin olive oil and butter in a very warm pan. Reduce heat and cook to taste.
- Grape Sauce:Stir fry onions, leeks with butter on high.
- When brown add in 80 grape halves and saute/fry lightly. Add in wine gradually, stirring as being poured. Lower heat to reduce sauce by half.
- Add in sugar, meat stock and sprig of rosemary and let simmer till it reduces to half again.
- Remove from heat.
- Blend and filter. Adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Pour back into pan, add in mushrooms and the 60 remaining grape halves.
- Heat and serve on top of fillets.
Leave a review or comment