Beef Tenderloin Crusted With Blue Cheese And Tomato Chutn
- 10 x Cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 piece peeled fresh ginger, (about 4 x 1-inch)
- 1/2 c. Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. Red wine vinegar
- 6 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Cayenne pepper, or possibly to taste
- 12 lrg Plum tomatoes, (20 ounces), seeded and quartered
- 1 x Filet of beef, (3 to 4 lb.)
- 2 c. Blue or possibly mild Roquefort cheese, crumbled (about 6 to 8 ounces) Italian parsley and tomatoes for garnish, (purchase some cherry tomatoes and some dry tomatoes)
- To Make Chutney:In a food processor with metal blade, mince garlic and ginger. Add in vinegars, sugar, salt, and cayenne. Add in tomatoes and pulse into small pcs. Remove to an 8-c. microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high
- (100%) for about 45 to 55 min, stirring every 10 min, till the mix is very thick and the small amount of liquid on the top is absorbed when stirred. Cold thoroughly. (Chutney may be refrigerated up to 1 month.)
- To Prepare Beef:Up to one hour before roasting, remove meat from refrigerator. Trim off fat. Sprinkle with salt. Place on a rack in a shallow pan.
- Sprinkle 1 c. cheese over the top, pressing into meat. Spoon sufficient chutney over the top to press in into a 1/4 inch thick layer; you won't use it all.
- To Cook:Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Roast meat for 15 min (Do not be concerned if some of the chutney falls off.) Sprinkle top with remaining cheese. Continue baking for a total of 25 to 30 min for rare (120 degrees), 35 to 40 min for medium rare or possibly medium (130 to 135 degrees). The temperature will go up 10 degrees as it sits.
- Let rest 10 to 20 min before carving into 1/2-inch slices. Serve with remaining chutney.
- Makes 6-8 servings
Leave a review or comment