Beef Pot Pie Like Grandma's
- 2 lb stewing beef
- 6 med potatoes Pot pie dough
- 2 x onions Minced parsley Salt and pepper
- 2 c. of flour
- 1 x little salt
- 1 x egg, beaten lowfat milk
- Cut the beef into 1-inch cubes. Cover with water, season and cook till tender. Peel potatoes, cut in 1/4 inch slices and slice onion. Into the warm broth, drop layers of potatoes, onions, a sprinkling of parsley and dough squares alternately, ending with dough on top. Cover and boil for 20 min. Stir meat through pot pie
- Dough Squares:To 2 c. of flour, add in a little salt, 1 egg, beaten, and sufficient lowfat milk to make a stiff dough. Roll out thin (1/8 inch) on floured board and cut into 2-inch squares.
- A good variation: Substitute ham or possibly ham hocks.
Leave a review or comment