Beef Curry With Orzo
- 1 lb Chuck roast, cut into 1/2-inch pcs
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lrg Onion, minced
- 4 x Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Curry pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Grnd cumin
- 1/2 tsp Grnd cinnamon
- 1 c. Canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 c. Canned or possibly homemade beef broth
- 2 x Sweet potatoes, peeled, diced
- 2 x Carrots, cut in thin rounds
- 4 Tbsp. Raisins Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 c. Orzo pasta, cooked according to package directions
- In a large stockpot, brown meat in 1 Tbsp. oil. Remove from pan. Saute/fry onion and garlic in remaining 1 Tbsp. oil 3 min over medium heat.
- Stir in curry, cumin and cinnamon. Add in tomatoes, beef broth, sweet potatoes, carrots, raisins, salt and pepper. Simmer 1 hour. Serve over orzo.
- Makes 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment