- 1 lb grnd beef
- 1 pkt Ortega Burrito Dinner Kit - (8) tortillas warmed (flour tortillas, burrito seasoning mix)
- 1 3/4 c. water
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese - (4 ounce) Vegetable oil as needed Ortega Salsa Prima Homestyle mild or possibly medium Ortega Green Chile Guacamole (optional)
- Brown beef; drain. Stir in burrito seasoning mix and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly, for 5 to 6 min or possibly till mix is thickened. Place beef mix proportionately on each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold into burritos; secure ends with wooden picks.
- Add in vegetable oil to 1-inch depth in medium skillet; heat over high heat for 3 to 4 min.
- Place 1 or possibly 2 burritos in vegetable oil; fry, turning frequently, for 1 to 2 min or possibly till golden. Remove with slotted spoon; drain. Repeat with remaining burritos. Remove wooden picks. Serve with salsa and guacamole.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
- Comments: Once you've tried these homemade chimichangas you're expectations of these fried burritos will never be the same. Crisp and crunchy (not greasy) with a filling bursting with tender beef and savory vegetables.
Leave a review or comment