Beef Bean And Cheese Burritos
- (Once A Month Cookery)
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 lrg Onion -- minced
- 3 x cloves Garlic -- chopped
- 2 lb Grnd Beef, extra lean
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Pwdr -- (or possibly to taste)
- 2 c. Monterey Jack Cheese -- shredded Salt and pepper -- to taste
- 8 ounce Tomato Sauce
- 3 c. Refried Beans
- 24 lrg Flour Tortillas
- Saute/fry onion in oil till tender. Add in grnd beef and garlic. Cook till beef is browned. Drain well. Add in chili pwdr as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in tomato sauce and simmer 5 min. Add in refried beans and cook till warmed through. Set aside. Soften tortillas, according to package instructions, and place about 1/4 to 1/3 c. of meat mix and some cheese onto center of each. Roll up, tucking sides in as you roll. Eat while hot or possibly freeze according to directions below.
- To freeze: Wrap each burrito in a paper towel, and place burritos onto a cookie sheet and flash freeze till solid. Place frzn burritos into a large container or possibly zip baggie, or possibly place each individual burrito into a zip baggie for single servings, and return to freezer. Label and use within 6 months.
Leave a review or comment