Beef Barley SoupPrep: 15 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 6by Julia Ann Souders63 recipes>
Thick and hearty beef and barley makes a filling soup for cold weather enjoyment. Mushroom, celery and onion are ethe added vegetables. ©2007-2014 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com. All rights reserved.
- 2 cups cooked roast beef, cut into 1/2 inch thin pieces
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons diced celery
- 1 4 ounce can mushrooms, stems and pieces
- 4 cups of water
- 3/4 cup Quaker Quick Barley
- Put the roast beef into a Dutch Oven.
- Add the onion, celery, mushrooms and barley.
- Add 4 cups of water.
- Dover, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer 10-12 minutes until barley is tender.
- Stir occasionally.
- More water can be added if too thick.
Leave a review or comment