Beef And Barley Soup
- 1 Tbsp. Veg. oil
- 2 lb Beef short ribs
- 2 med Onions, coarsely minced
- 3 x Carrots, sliced
- 3 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 can Whole tomatoes (28 ounce.),
- 1 x With liquid, minced
- 2 tsp Water
- 4 x Chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/3 c. Medium pearl barley
- In a large dutch oven or possibly kettle, heat oil over medium-high. Brown beef. Add in onions, carrots, celery, tomatoes, water and bouillon; bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for about 2 hrs or possibly till beef is tender. Add in barley; simmer another 50-60 min or possibly till barley is done.
- Yield: 10-12servings. (3 1/2 quarts.)
Leave a review or comment