Beauty Queen Beef
- 2 Tbsp. whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. oyster-flavoured sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chili garlic sauce
- 2 tsp dry mustard pwdr
- 4 x beef steaks, abt 1" thick - (6 ounce ea) trimmed (such as New York strip steaks) Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 8 x garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. thinly-sliced ginger
- 4 x button mushrooms sliced, thinly
- 4 x shiitake mushrooms stems removed, and caps thinly sliced
- 3 x oyster mushrooms (optional)
- 1/3 c. Chinese rice wine (or possibly 1/3 c. dry sherry)
- Stir the whipping cream, oyster-flavored sauce, chili garlic sauce and dry mustard together in a small bowl till thoroughly mixed.
- For the Dish: Sprinkle both sides of the steak lightly with the salt and black pepper.
- Heat a skillet large sufficient to hold the steaks in a single layer over medium-high heat. Add in the oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Lay the steaks into the pan and cook, turning once halfway through the cooking, till they are done to your liking, about 3 min per side for medium-rare, longer for more well-done steaks. Transfer the steaks to a plate and cover them with aluminum foil, shiny-side down, to keep them hot.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat and add in the butter. When melted, add in the garlic and ginger and cook till fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add in the mushrooms and wine; stir-fry till the mushrooms are tender, 1 to 2 min. Add in the sauce and bring to a boil. Divide the steaks among four plates and spoon the mushroom sauce over them. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment