Bean And Rice Stuffed Peppers
- 6 med Sweet red, yellow, or possibly orange peppers
- 1 1/2 c. Cooked long grain rice (no salt or possibly fat)
- 1/2 c. Minced onion
- 1 can (15 ounce) red kidney beans, rinsed and liquid removed
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounce) no salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounce) minced green chilies, liquid removed (to taste, the little ones do not like it so warm)
- 1 tsp Chili pwdr
- 1 1/2 c. Shredded ff sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- (Cook Healthy Cook Quick)
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. Cook tops and bottoms of peppers in boiling water 5 minutes. Drain peppers, set aside. Combine rice and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir in 1 c. cheese. Spoon mix proportionately into peppers, and replace pepper tops. place peppers in a 11x7x2 baking dish. Add in warm water to dish to a depth of 1/2 inch. Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake additional 5 minutes or possibly till cheese melts.
- Serves 6.
Leave a review or comment