Bean And Cheese Chimichangas With Guacamole
- 2 x 16 ounce. cans refried beans
- 2 c. cheddar or possibly Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2/3 c. salsa
- 2 tsp grnd cumin Or possibly 2 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 pkt prepared Spanish rice, (optional)
- 10 lrg flour tortillas
- 1 lrg avocado
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp. salsa oil for frying, (optional) lowfat sour cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 475. Combine beans, cheese, 2/3 c. salsa, and cumin or possibly taco seasoning. Mix well.
- Spoon about 1/3 to 1/2 c. of the bean mix into the center of a tortilla and add in about 1/4 c. of prepared Spanish rice, if using. Fold up tortilla envelope fashion. Repeat with each tortilla. If frying, place tortillas seam side down in preheated oil and fry on each side till browned. After frying, bake in oven about 10 mins. If not frying, bake about 15 min.
- While baking, peel and cut avocado, place in small bowl and mash with a fork. Add in lime juice, garlic, salt, and 3 tbsp. salsa and mix well.
- Serve chimichangas with guacamole, lowfat sour cream, and salsa.
Leave a review or comment