Bbq Cowboy Pinto Beans
- 16 ounce packaged dry pinto beans rinsed and picked over
- 4 c. warm water
- 2 med onions, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chili pwdr
- 3/4 c. hickory-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. prepared yellow mustard
- 1 dsh Tabasco sauce Or possibly more to taste
- MAKES 6 TO 8 SERVINGS
- 1. In a 3 1/2-qt electric slow cooker, mix together the beans, warm water, onions, and chili pwdr.
- 2. Cover and cook on the low heat setting about 7 hrs, or possibly till the beans are tender but not falling apart.
- 3. Drain off all the cooking liquid. Stir in the barbecue sauce, ketchup, mustard, and Tabasco sauce. Cook, uncovered, 10 to 15 min longer, till heated through.
- Cuisine:"African/middle Eastern"
Leave a review or comment