Basque Lamb's Liver With Red Wine Sauce
- 1 c. Dry red wine
- 1 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Chopped fresh garlic
- 1 x Bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 lb Lamb's liver, cut into 1/4 Inch slices
- 3 Tbsp. Spanish extra virgin olive oil
- 3 slc Bacon, minced
- 3 Tbsp. Finely minced Italian Parsley
- Combine wine, vinegar, garlic, bay, and salt in glass baking dish.Add in liver and coat well with marinade.Marinade at room temperature for 3 to 4 hrs.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in 12 inch skillet till light haze forms. Add in bacon and cook till browned and crisp.Drain on paper towels. Remove liver from marinadeand pat dry. Brown liver in pan drippings for 2 min on each side. Remove to heated platter. Pour marinade into warm skillet and boil, uncovered, till reduced by half.Scatter bacon pcs over liver, pour marinade on top and sprinkle with parsley. Serve at once. Goes good with Baque Potatoes.
Leave a review or comment