Basil Tomato SoupPrep: 30 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 2by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
The seeds for drinks while the leaves added flavor and an Asian touch into the thick tomato peppery soup.
- 2 medium size tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 inch ginger - sliced
- 4 shallots - sliced thinly
- 3-4 sprigs of basil leaves - remove leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper and salt for taste
- Add tomatoes, ginger and vegetable stock into a pot.
- Simmer till tomatoes becomes soft.
- Remove from heat and let it cool down for a while.
- Add into food processor/blender and pulse to a smooth thick mixture.
- Heat oil and when heated, fry shallots till light brown in color.
- Pour tomato mixture and season with pepper and salt.
- Once heated through, add basil leaves.
- Stir and remove from heat.
Leave a review or comment