Basil Couscous With Red Pepper And Sunflower Seeds
- 2 cup Fast-cooking couscous
- 2 cup Boiling water
- 2 pcs Cuups lightly packed fresh bsil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups. Lightly packed parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup Chicken stock
- 8 pcs Cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 Tbsp. Virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 med Red bell pepper, halved, cored, seeded & minced
- 1/3 cup Toasted sunflower seeds
- Place couscous in heat resistant bowl and pour the 2 c. water over it.
- Mix well, cover the boil with a lid and let it stand for a minimum of 10 min.
- Meanwhile, bring about 4 c. of water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Blanch the basil and parsley by dropping them into the boiling water for 10-15 seconds.
- Drain the herbs well and place in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add in the broth and garlic; process till smooth. Add in the boil, salt and pepper; process just till incorporated.
- Fluff couscous with a fork to separtate the grains. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add in herb mix and combine it well with the couscous.
- Sprinkle on red peppers and sunflower seeds and toss well.
- NOTES : Jacques Pepin's Simple and Healthy Cooking
Leave a review or comment