Basic Pizza Dough (Simply Baking)
- 450 gm Strong flour, (1lb)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Dry yeast
- 250 ml Hot water, (8oz)
- 65 ml , (2-4fl ounce) extra virgin olive oil, (65 to 125)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C/400 F/gas mark 6.
- Dissolve the yeast in the water for 15 min. Mix the flour and salt together and make a well in the centre. Pour in the yeast mix and 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, stir till the dough just holds together.
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead till soft and elastic. Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover. Leave to rise till doubled in size.
- Split the dough in two and roll into a ball. Roll each ball into a 25cm (10 inch) circle. Flip over the circle and stretch till the circle becomes 30cm (12 inches).
- Place the pizza into greased pizza pans or possibly on a baking sheet. Cover with toppigns of your choice and bake till golden brown for 10 -12 min in a warm oven.
Leave a review or comment