Basic Chocolate TrufflesServings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
This is my basic-first-timer kinda truffle mix that I learned from a newsletter foodie online. Thanks Delia!
- 150 g very best quality dark chocolate (at least 75 per cent cocoa)
- 150 ml thick double cream
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons rum or brandy
- 1 tablespoon Greek yoghurt (or plain yogurt)
- For the basic truffle mixture, break the chocolate into squares and place it in the bowl of a food processor. Switch on and grind the chocolate until it looks granular, like sugar. Now place the cream, butter and rum or brandy in a small saucepan and bring these to simmering point.
- Then, with the motor switched on, pour the mixture through the feeder tube of the processor and continue to blend until you have a smooth, blended mixture. Now add the yoghurt and blend again for a few seconds. Next transfer the mixture, which will be very liquid at this stage, into a bowl, allow it to get quite cold, then cover it with cling film and refrigerate overnight. It will thicken up after several hours.
- Next day divide the mixture equally among four small bowls, and keep each one in the fridge until you need it. Then proceed with the following to make four different varieties. Make sure you have all the little paper cases opened out ready before your hands get all chocolatey!
Leave a review or comment