Barbecued Rib Eye (Bulgogi)
- 2 lb beef rib eye thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 1/2 c. mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1/4 c. sake
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 x Asian pear peeled and grated
- 3 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 3 x green onions minced
- 1 piece ginger root - (1/2" long) grated
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- Combine soy sauce, mirin, sake, sugar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, pear, garlic, onions, ginger root and pepper and refrigerate2 hrs.
- Add in meat to marinade, cover and chill 3 to 4 hrs.
- Drain meat, discarding marinade. Place beef on bulgogi grill pan set over warm coals or possibly on bulgogi grill pan for stove set over medium-high heat. Cook till meat is browned on both sides and cooked through, 3 to 10 min, depending on thickness of slices.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment