Barbecued Black Beans And Rice
- 1 c. long-grain white rice
- 2 c. water
- 32 ounce cooked black beans (2 - 16 ounce cans)
- 14 ounce stewed tomatoes
- 4 ounce green chili peppers minced
- 12 ounce canned corn
- 2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce or possibly more to taste
- 3/4 tsp cumin or possibly more to taste freshly grnd black pepper
- Bring rice and water to boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 min or possibly till rice is just tender. Meanwhile, drain beans and put into another medium saucepan. Add in tomatoes, chilies, corn, barbecue sauce and cumin. Cook mix over low heat about 10 min or possibly till rice is cooked. Season with pepper. If rice hasn't absorbed all the water, drain it off. Spoon rice into deep bowls; ladle on black beans and sauce.
- BTW, I used the Cold Whip/strawberry jam "frosting" someone suggested for my angel food cake, and it was a great dessert. (I learned my lesson with the Baked Oatmeal, so before you all write me for the recipe, it was just Cold Whip mixed with strawberry jam; cut the cake in 3 layers and frost).
Leave a review or comment