Barbecue Roasted Almonds By Rheanna Kish and The Canadian Living Test Kitchen This snack provides a good dose of magnesium, thought to help combat PMS. This recipe makes 12 serving(s) Nutritional information available online. From Canadian Living show Best Recipes Ever July 19, 2011
- 2-1/2 cups (625 mL) whole blanched almonds
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fancy molasses
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- On parchment paper-lined baking sheet, toast almonds in 350Â°F (180Â°C) oven until fragrant but not browned, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together molasses, sugar, chili powder, oil, vinegar, cumin, salt, garlic powder and cayenne; drizzle over almonds, tossing to coat. Bake for 8 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Turn off oven; leave nuts in oven for 8 minutes. Let cool on pan on rack until crisp and dry; break pieces apart. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks. If softening, crisp in 350Â°F/180Â°C oven for about 5 minutes.)
Leave a review or comment