Barbara's New England Clam Chowder
- 2 lb boiling potatoes peeled, diced
- 4 x bacon slices minced
- 1/2 c. minced onion
- 3 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 x 10 oz can baby clams liquid removed, juices reserved
- 1 x 8 oz bott clam juice
- 1 c. whipping cream
- 1 c. lowfat milk
- Place potatoes in medium saucepan. Add in sufficient cool water to cover. Bring
- to boil. Simmer till tender, 20 min. Drain.
- Cook bacon and onion in heavy 2-qt saucepan over medium-high heat till
- onion is tender, stirring occasionally, about 8 min. Fold in flour and cook 2 min. Add in juices from clams, bottled clam juice, cream and lowfat milk. Bring to boil. Stir in clams and potatoes and heat through.
- Makes about 6 c..
Leave a review or comment