Bar B Cued Oysters With Spicy Garlic Butter
- 12 Tbsp. unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp warm pepper sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 24 x oysters in their shells washed
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients except the oysters, and mix well. Adjust the seasoning to taste and transfer the mix to a large piece of plastic wrap. Roll up the flavored butter to create a tight log and freeze. (Alternately, the flavored butter can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.)
- Preheat a gas or possibly charcoal grill. Remove the cool log of butter from the freezer and unwrap. Shuck the oysters and throw away the top shell, leaving the oysters on the bottom half shell. Slice thin rounds of butter, about 1 1/2 tsp. each, and place 1 round on top of each oyster.
- Place the oysters on the heated grill, close the grill cover, and cook, covered, till the butter is melted and bubbly, and the oysters are no longer opaque and have curled around the edges, about 4 min. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings (24 baked oysters).
Leave a review or comment