Banana Split Strawberry Shortcake
- 2 1/2 c. Bisquick Baking Mix
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. butter or possibly margarine, melted
- 1/2 c. lowfat milk
- 2 Tbsp. soft butter or possibly margarine
- 1 lrg banana
- 1 c. sweetened whipped cream
- 1/4 c. minced nuts
- 2 c. sweetened sliced strawberries
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Stir baking mix, sugar, 3 Tbsp. butter and the lowfat milk to a soft dough. Gently smooth dough into a ball on floured cloth-covered board. Knead 8-10 times. Divide dough in half. Roll one half into 9 inch circle. Place in ungreased round layer pan, 9 x 1 1/2 inches; dot with 2 Tbsp. butter. Roll other half of dough into 9 inch circle and place on top of dough in pan. Bake 15 min or possibly till light brown. Split hot shortcake crosswise. Slice half the banana over bottom layer and spread with 1/2 c. of the whipped cream. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp. of the nuts.
- Place second layer on whipped cream and nuts; slice remaining banana half over top. Spoon strawberries over layers and spread with remaining whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Cut into wedges.
- Makes 6-8 servings.
Leave a review or comment