Banana Oatmeal Muffins (Sugar Free)
These muffins are naturally sweetened with the banana and spices.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal, uncooked (not instant)
- 1 cup pureed fully ripe banana
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon oil
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour, stirred and
- spooned into measuring cup
- 1 tablespoon double-acting baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Lightly oil 12 three-inch muffin cups.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Stir together oatmeal, banana, milk, egg and oil; set aside.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger and nutmeg.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture; stir in banana mixture just until well combined. Do not over-beat.
- Pour into prepared muffin cups.
- Each cup should be about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for 15 minutes before removing from pans.
- Makes 12 muffins.
Leave a review or comment