Banana BreadPrep: 20 min Cook: 60 min Servings: 2by Micheline120 recipes>
This recipe makes 2 banana loaves. One to eat immediately and the other one can be frozen for a later treat.
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 large bananas (very ripe)
- 1/2 cup milk plus 1/2 tbsp lemon juice = buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans (chopped)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom of 2 bread loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix the wet ingredients with an electric mixer.
- In another large bowl, mix the dry ingredients with a large wooden spoon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, one cup at a time, while mixing with an electric mixer.
- Pour batter into the two loaf pans, evenly.
- Bake for approx. 1 hour to 1 1/4 hour, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for about 30 minutes before slicing. Freezes well when completely cooled. Enjoy!
Leave a review or comment