Balushahi/DoughnutPrep: 30 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 2by Aparna Anurag123 recipes>
delicious dessert for every occasion Balushahi is a traditional dessert in northern Indian Cuisine, it is somehow similar to a glazed doughnut. It can be prepared in many occasions like Diwali, Holi, Karwachauth…manny more Like my husband and friends enjoyed a lot when I have made it in Diwali same thing I want for u all, enjoy the recipe with the easiest way, every ingredients are reachable.
- Maida/मैदा - 500 ग्राम (4 कप)
- Ghee/घी - 150 ग्राम (3/4 कप) मैदा में मिलाने के लिये
- Baking soda/बेकिंग सोडा - आधा चम्मच
- Dahi/दही - आधा कप
- Sugar/चीनी - 600 ग्राम means (1 1/2 cup sugar)
- Edible color-optional(red)
- Sugar syrup procedure:
- 1)1-1/2 cup sugar+3/4cup water mix them properly and prepare chasani of 1tar
- 2)Put all cooked bahushahi in this warm sugar syrup/Chasani for about 4-5 min
- 3)After that take out every balushahi carefully and allow them to cool
- Maida+Baking soda+Dahi+Ghee+pinch of edible color(red)=mixing all of them properly make dough,keep this for around 20-25 min.
- Shape around 1/2inch diameter out of this dough with hand and shape them like gulab jamun
- Press these with hand to shape them like paida and with a help of one finger make one hole inside paida.
- continue this process with whole dough
- Put ghee/oil in a kadai and keep the medium flame
- Put all balushahi in a hot ghee and cooked it slowly otherwise it is not cooked properly from inside
- Side by side prepare Chasani/Sugar syrup
Leave a review or comment