Balsamic Roast Chicken
- 4 1/2 lb Roasting chicken
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh rosemary or possibly 1 TSP. dry
- 1 lrg Clove of garlic
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin extra virgin olive oil Freshly grnd black pepper
- 8 sprg fresh rosemary
- 3 Tbsp. To 4 tb balsamic vinegar blended with 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- Mince rosemary with garlic and salt. Rub extra virgin olive oil over chicken, then rub in herb mix. Sprinkle with pepper. Put 2 rosemary sprigs in cavity then cover with plastic wrap. Chill up to 24 hrs.
- Preheat oven tp 250F. USe a small heavy roasting pan and place chicken in breast- side down. Roast 20 to 25 min per lb.. Baste every 15 min with pan juices. During last 30 min of roasting turn chicken over to brown breast. If chicken is still not brown sufficient turn heat up to 475 F and brown about 10 min. Present chicken whole on a heated serving platter, drizzle with Balsamic vinegar and sugar. Carve and scatter with remaining rosemary sprigs.
- Serves 4 to 6
Leave a review or comment