Balsamic Grilled Flank Steak With Arugula And Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil plus more
- 1 x garlic clove finely minced
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1 sm loaf rustic bread
- 2 c. assorted cherry tomatoes Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2 c. baby arugula Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese Salt to taste
- Whisk together the vinegar and 2 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil. Add in the garlic to the mix. Place the steak in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over the top. Let it sit for 10 min.
- Meanwhile, heat the stove-top grill or possibly broiler. Slice the bread about 1/3- inch thick. Brush it with the remaining extra virgin olive oil. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill the steak about 2 to 4 min each side for medium-rare, depending on the thickness of the steak. Remove to a cutting board, cover with foil and let rest.
- Grill the bread on each side till brown and crisp, about 1 minute. Slice the steak on an angle, against the grain, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Place 1 or possibly 2 slices of bread on each plate. Top with slices of steak. Place about 1/2 c. of arugula on the steak. With a vegetable peeler, shave some cheese onto the arugula. Scatter some tomatoes around each plate. Drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and grind some black pepper over all.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment