Balsamic Chicken and MushroomsPrep: 10 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 2by Melissa & Alex2 recipes>
A basic weeknight staple, I found this recipe on food.com (which claims it was originally a Weight Watchers recipe). A few tweaks based on what we had in the house, and a satisfying--and not dry!--chicken dinner was born. Original recipe available here: http://www.food.com/recipe/balsamic-chicken-and-mushrooms-54726
- 1-2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5-6 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 4 Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 1 pound total)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups White Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Scallions, chopped
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 1-2 Tbsps. of oil.
- In a bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of the vinegar, the mustard and garlic. Add the chicken and coat both sides with the mixture.
- Transfer the chicken and mixture to the skillet; saute until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- In the skillet, heat the chicken broth and scrape the pan
- Saute the scallions and mushrooms about a minute; add the remaining tablespoons of vinegar.
- Cook stirring until the mushrooms and are deep brown, about 2 minutes longer.
- Serve the chicken, topped with the mushrooms and scallions.
Leave a review or comment