I love baked ziti...your version looks delish. Can't wait to try it.
Baked ZittiPrep: 15 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
One of my fave dish that i love cooking for my kid. We love pasta that's why!
- 1 pound lean ground beef (ground chuck or ground round)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or small clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces ziti or elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Sauté ground beef, onion, and green bell pepper in a large skillet until onion is tender and beef is lightly browned. Drain off excess fat; add tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well; stir in ziti or elbow macaroni and 1 cup of the cheese; transfer to a 2 1/2-quart casserole. Top with the remaining cup of cheese. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- This baked ziti recipe serves 6.
Leave a review or comment