Baked Steak With Mustard Sauce
- 2 1/2 lb top sirloin grilling steak
- 2 1/2 x inches (6 cm) thick
- 1 x onion finely minced
- 1 c. ketchup
- 3 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 sm sweet green pepper sliced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 c. minced fresh parsley sauce
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. cream
- Place steak in broiler pan; broil about 4 inches (10 cm) below heat to sear both sides. Pour off fat.
- In bowl, whisk together onion, ketchup, butter, lemon juice, green pepper, pepper and Worcestershire sauce; pour over steak. Cook in 425F (220C) oven for 30 min or possibly till medium-rare, or possibly to desired doneness. Remove to cutting board; tent with foil and let stand for 5 min.
- SAUCE: Meanwhile, in small saucepan, heat butter with mustard over medium heat. Whisk in barbecue sauce and Worcestershire sauce; heat, whisking, for 30 seconds. Remove from heat; stir in cream. Return to heat; heat, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Thinly slice steak and arrange on serving platter; pour pan juices over top and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with sauce.
- Makes 8 servings.
- NOTES : For 10 years Mary Halpen's son, Mike Korman, worked as a cook and restaurant manager. Now an information tecnology professional, he still enjoy spending time in the kitchen and credits his mother with fostering his passion for food. "As soon as we got old sufficient to be interested in what she was making, she let us help out," he says.
Leave a review or comment