Baked Salmon With Olives Green Beans Anchovies And Tomatoes
- 200 gm green beans
- 20 sm cherry tomatoes
- 2 x good handfuls of black olives
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 4 x 225g thick salmon fillet steaks with or possibly without skin but definitely pinboned 2 lemons
- 1 handf fresh basil picked
- 12 x anchovy fillets
- First of all tail the green beans blanch them till tender in salted boiling water and drain.
- Put in a bowl with the cherry tomatoes and the stoned olives.
- Toss in the extra virgin olive oil and a healthy pinch of salt and pepper.
- Give the salmon fillets a quick wash under the tap and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lemon over the fillets on both sides then season both sides with salt and pepper and drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over the top. Pre heat the oven and a roasting tray at the highest temperature.
- Put your 4 fillets of salmon at one end of the roasting tray.
- Toss the basil into the green beans olives and tomatoes and place this mix at the other end of the tray.
- Lay the anchovies over the green beans.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 10 min then remove from the oven and serve with lemon quarters.
- This is very tasty with some homemade mayonnaise or possibly aioli (qv aioli).
- The idea of this dish is to bake your salmon plainly with a little extra virgin olive oil and sea salt. In the same tray bake tomatoes olives and blanched green beans laying anchovies over the beans. As the anchovies cook they fall apart and as the olives roast they sort of infuse a smoky flavour with the tomatoes. This is a really choice combination you must try it.
- Serves 4
Leave a review or comment